Even though we’d like to live around the notion of ”I don’t give a damn what other people think of me”, but the truth is that sometimes you should give a damn. And here’s why.
In your life, no matter if it’s your personal life, your career, or other social activities, you will most likely need other people to get to from point A to point B. It’s extremely important to know how you want to come across to other people, and what kind of perception you give out to the world. And remember, bad reputation carries like fire.
Following are few simple tips to better carry and present yourself:
- Never pretend to be something you aren’t
- Never use profanity
- Don’t gossip
- Listen twice as often as you talk
- Be on time
- Be honest, always
- Be polite- use ”Thank you”, ”Excuse me”, ”Sorry” and ”Please”
- Show your personality and uniqueness
- Never compromise your values
- Dress appropriately, neat and clean
- Be a resource for others
- Own your mistakes